Check out this month’s epic pose!
Sara is demonstrating the full expression of Scorpion that is safely guided to students in our Kids Level 2 and 3 classes. Such poses embody fearlessness, confidence plus strength and flexibility of the spine.
To begin working towards Scorpion, begin practicing cobra daily.
- Lay on your belly and bring your feet together
- Place your palms under your shoulders
- With your inhale breath, try to use your spine to lift off the mat. Avoid resting all the weight in your hands
- Slowly with time lift your gaze
- Breathe naturally for 3-5 breaths and with your exhale gently lay down
Begin a daily affirmation or mantra: I am strong, confident and fearless. Repeat this mantra while doing the pose and during the day when moments of nervousness arise.
As your back begins to open, come visit us in class so we can add this pose to your practice!