Recently, Yoga Alliance revised their standards to allow for online certification through 2021. This means our private personalized teacher training can be attended safely from your home virtually and still allow you to register with Yoga Alliance upon graduation.
RYS 200 Program Description and Promise
Are you ready to begin teaching and/or looking for a deeper understanding of yoga? This is your opportunity to take your practice further, create a strong foundation in yoga fundamentals and become a safe, credible yoga teacher both online and in person.
Time to take the vision off the board and bring it into reality by:
- Identifying value in your vision and voice
- Crafting your unique teaching voice in person and online
- Building confidence when speaking in front of groups with live practice teaching
- Connecting with like minded wellness seekers
- Rooting in fundamentals of foundational Vinyasa asana
- Establishing an understanding of yoga philosophy and creating healthy actionable body, mind and spiritual self care routines
- Fundamental Vinyasa Asana & Alignment
- Chakra, Nadis and Koshas
- Body Biomechanics
- Insurance, Waivers and Taxes
- Social Media Marketing
- In person vs Online Teaching Techniques
- Intro to Yoga Sutra
- Lineage of Vinyasa
- Bhagavad Gita
- Intro to Ayurveda
- Meditation and Chanting
- Modifications and Mindful Movement
- Pranayama Techniques
- Cardiovascular and Nervous System
- Crafting your Voice and Owning its Value
- Safe and Effective Sequencing
- State of Yoga today: Accessibility and Diversity
Why train with Soul Power?
Our training leads to credible, safe and successful online and in person teachers. Over the Program, you will not only find your voice but step into the power to own it and its value in the already crowded yoga industry.
This program is over 200 hours of dense and rich content in an easy to digest and interactive way to learn safely from home. You will be ready to lead safe impactful Vinyasa flow classes upon graduation. We also create interactive personal training groups giving you our full attention during training.
Your Teaching Team
Your team of teachers are E-RYT500 teachers with over 20 years experience of teaching yoga who bring an authentic South Asian understanding to the teachings. Before Instagram and social media, they built their careers via grassroot efforts and moonlighted yoga careers while juggling corporate careers. Anatomy is led by a Board Certified Physician giving you extensive and comprehensive understanding of how to safely move the body.
Benefits of Online Training
Life is complicated even without COVID. But right now we are all juggling many parts of our lives all from home. As mothers, educators and yoga teachers we completely relate. That is why you will LOVE this program.
You can fit in sessions around your schedule. It is easy and flexible to fit your life right now.
Teacher Training Timeline
Our goal is for you to complete the training over 13 weeks. If you need more time, let’s talk about a private Independent Study program. We are present for you every step of the way and committed to your education.